Sunday, May 13, 2007

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there.

So, I've been packing lately, preparing to move in with Karen in Winston Salem. *Sidenote: I'm so excited to be moving in with Karen. She's going to teach me how to knit, because I've not had the patience to teach myself. I'm so excited to have a yarn buddy! And, I'm so looking forward to living with a sister I'll be accountable to, who'll push me to do what's best for me. Anyway... I'm not moving for about a month, but I'm such a procrastinator... I'm starting early this time, and maybe by June 9th I'll actually be ready to move. Anyway, it's been heartbreaking putting all my craft things into boxes. So far I've only had the heart to tape up the box with my cross-stitch stuff in it. And, my cake decorating stuff is packed away, but not quite taped yet. All my scrapbooking stuff is still out; I've put my yarn and crochet things into a box, but I haven't been able to close it up. I probably won't actually tape it up until the day I move. :-) And then I'll probably cut right into it the night I get there. :-)


I'm not a conventional yarn user. Last night, I spent an hour or two cutting up plastic bags, denim jeans, and old videotapes, and making them into their respective "yarn" balls. I plan to use the bags to make little boxes and such for my desktop. The jeans will probably be turned into a purse. I haven't decided what the videotape will be. I thought coasters, but would water ruin them? What are your thoughts? Hmm.. I could use the bags for coasters, too.
Next, I'm going to look for my old audio tapes and turn them into yarn. I mean, seriously, who watches VHS anymore, and who even owns a tape deck? Not me.

I can't wait to make my t-shirt quilt from all my Western shirts, because I'm going to take the scraps and make "yarn" out of it and make matching pillowcases or something!


Photos coming soon!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made a blog! I can't wait til you move here - I'm sooo excited. We will have so much fun. I'm interested to hear of your "yarn" adventures. :)