Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A few WIPs and a FO

Or I guess that'd be WsIP.

Anywho.. So, here I am feeling like I'm in the middle of umpteen projects; I decide to post about them and take pictures of them.. and there are only two. Two to take photos of, at least. One is a crochet hook carrying case that I only have one row completed on, and I decided it wasn't enough to take a photo of yet.

I am currently working on a scarf and a hat that I'm making from an old sweater. Ah, I counted these as one WIP b/c I took only one photo, but it is actually two. Three, if you count unraveling the sweater and making balls of yarn from it. I count unraveling the sweater and making balls of yarn from it, so this is three projects in one. Anyway, it's this sweater I've had for several years, and when I first started unraveling it, my thinking on it was "I live in Florida, I don't need this big, bulky sweater." Well, that has changed, seeing as I'm moving to North Carolina, but the sweater was still bulky and ugly, and it needed to be revamped. It is currently survived in the form of a scarf I made for Karen's bday gift, and a scarf and hat I'm making for myself. Karen, I'll make you a hat to match, too! :-) Some people may think it looks sloppy, but I think it looks organic and... hobo chic. ;-)


Then there's my perpetual blanket. I've been taking waste yarn and crocheting a blanket with it, along with some black and white yarn. Just Red Heart simple yarn, nothing special or extravagant. I call it my prepetual blanket, because it won't be done for a very long time. Not until I've finished enough projects to have enough scrap yarn to have a complete full size blanket, including the black and white, which is just filler. May sound goofy or OCD, but the pattern is as follows. 100 ch black 100 ch white for first row, then waste yarn #1 until it's used up in dc, 100 dc black, waste yarn #2 dc, 100 dc white, etc. etc.

Finally, a FO. Again, with the revamping old items.. I took an old pair of mittens that my great grammy made me years and years and years ago, and I unraveled them. I like mittens and everything, but I don't really wear them, AND these were much too small. I made a hat out of them. Of course, there wasn't enough yarn to make a whole hat, so finished it out with a cute coordinating yarn. Then, I made a cute little flower (my first flower ever!) from the same yarn and added it as an accent on the hat. It turned out really cute, I think.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I could bore you with some more things I"m getting ready to work on, but you've suffered long enough.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hi, Miss M. I'm one of the girls who knows Karen from Knit Picky. I'm looking forward to meeting you this summer! Welcome to Winston (early)!