Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

So, I had a pretty good weekend..
Probably would have been better if I hadn't had my heart broke but that was a minor detail...

I visited with my grandparents and aunt and uncle on Friday, then went to SC on Saturday for Christina and Evan's wedding. It was beautiful.. real simple and nice. It was SO good to see everybody, but a little overwhelming. I had a good time with all the people I love SO much. There was quite an abrupt, heartbreaking ending for me, but on the whole, it was a very pleasant experience.



Saturday night I went back to LaGrange, then on Sunday at church, MawMaw told me I should stay another day. So, Sonya, Jeremy and I spent the day at Callaway Gardens. It was beautiful.

This morning, I left to come home and spent the afternoon cooking and cleaning, then this evening we had some guests come over to celebrate Memorial Day. It was just what Memorial Day is supposed to be.. hamburgers and hot dogs, campfire, s'mores, bubbles, horseshoes..aaaaand fireworks. Maybe the fireworks weren't such a good idea. Ben almost killed us three times, and the evening ended on a pretty sour note when some guy from across the way came and asked us to stop and a few tempers were raised pretty high. But, it was fun.


Now, onto my most recent project..
I'm making a collection of boxes for my desk (when I get a desk) when I move to Winston Salem. I worked up the first one when I was in the car and/or lounging around in LaGrange this weekend. I went to join the edges, but it just looked awful when I joined it with slst's on the inside. I think I'll just sew up the edges on the outside. Next time, I'll make the bottom, and then just one more piece to be all the sides, instead of a bottom and four sides. Next, I'm going to start working on a round one in a different color.


And my next project I'll start on is gong to be a bib for Jamie and Francis' newest little one, Bella. I cross-stitched a bib for Lucy. I'm going to crochet one for Bella. I need to get started on it. She is beautiful, btw. They both are.
Anybody know of a good bib pattern?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey girlie - 10 DAYS!!!! I'm glad the wedding was nice, sorry about that boy - ugh. Wish I could've been there.

Your boxes are cute! Hey, do you want my desk? If you do, we can keep it, if not I'll sell it at the yardsale. Otherwise, we can look around for one after you get here.