Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A historic day...

A year ago today, I woke up in a hospital bed. I couldn't move any of the muscles in my face, I had a fever of 104, and I had developed double vision due to paralysis of my optic nerve.
My plans to move to North Carolina were put on hold. I soon after lost my job.
I went on to stay in the hospital two more weeks. I underwent more tests and exams than I ever knew existed, and I was tested for diseases I'd never even heard of... This is what I heard: "Inconclusive.. inconclusive.. indeterminate.. inconclusive."
It's one year later, and everything has changed, yet nothing has changed... Sometimes I feel like I'm still that sick, weak little girl in that hospital bed. Sometimes I feel like an independent hero who's overcome the odds to lead a full life.
Most times I just don't know what I feel....

No comments: