Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Topic of the Week and an Update.

So, this week we've been asked to post about whether we change our yarn or our projects as the weather changes.
I've been crocheting for years, but I really only made scarves and hats, and it was only recently that I was introduced to anything other than Red Heart or Caron's Simply Soft or anything else you can get at Wal-Mart. I would say I probably crocheted more in the fall/winter than during the summer. I probably only crocheted during the summer if there was a baby due who I was crocheting a blanket for or something.
As for knitting, I've only been doing it for a few months. It will probably be pretty similar to my crocheting style, though. It's getting into fall and I've just finished a pair of mittens and am working on a hat for Caroline. I've had a request to make hats for everyone back home. Dishcloths and socks will be year-round endeavors, but other projects, and colors, will be more dependent on the time of the year, I think..

In other news...
My car is on the fritz. I get paid tomorrow, and I'm seriously afraid all my money's gonna be going into my car. But at least I'll have some peace of mind afterwards, and won't have to keep worrying about it.
I haven't seen Karen since Sunday afternoon. I hate this stupid job and the stupid hours I have to work. I hate that Yvette deems it necessary to make everyone of my shifts be closing shifts. I've GOT to get away from there!
After church Sunday, Karen and I went to this lunch for the Young Adult Fellowship group. I had a wonderful time, and I'd love to start doing things with them regularly. I need fellowship with people my age. They have a Bible Study on Wednesday nights. It's at the same time as Knit Night, which stinks, but I really need to be a part of a Bible Study. I guess I'll try it out, at least. Growing in my relationship with the Lord is more important than knitting, but I really enjoy these women at Knit Night. I guess we'll just have to see where the Lord takes me.
Karen and I have no water. Sunday after church we noticed there was a lot of water on the ground, as though someone had washed their car or something.. Then she called me while was at work and said it was like a river out there. Apparently a water main had busted, and they had to turn our water off. I saw when I got home last night that she had run the water to let the muddy water run out, so I figured the water was back on, but.. none of the faucets work.. Now, the water that runs to the ice maker.. that works. We have muddy ice, but we can't take showers...
I have tonight off, and Karen and I are going to watch The Office together tonight! I can't wait to finish the rest of Season 3!!


And in knitting news....

I made some mittens for Caroline to match her socks, and I've just started working on a hat. For all three, I've used the Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, but have also altered them each to whatever suits my fancy. The pattern for mittens in the book makes mittens that are pointy and I thought they looked silly, so when I started decreasing, I did a sock toe decrease, decreasing on every row, until I had about sixteen stitches, then I did a three needle bind off. I think they're MUCH cuter, and I love 'em! My Stinker will look so cute in them!

I ripped out the perpetual blanket and started it again using less black and white in between colors.

I'm making a MD Ballband in White and Pink Lemonade.

I'm researching patterns for my Fall Into Autumn dishcloth partner. I can't wait to get started! Seems like she and I have a lot of the same tastes in colors and whatnot, so it'll be easy to decide what to make, but probably not so easy to part with it! :-)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I hope your job stops sucking so much (esp. since you're there now!).
We won't be offended if you go to fellowship instead of knit night as long as we get you for Saturday yarn lunches!
I'm so glad we got to hang out this weekend - it feels like it's been forever!

DaCraftyLady said...

Hi Mick... you wanted to join my swap for Oct and I have added you to our list now I need you to email me at calcrochetnut@msn.com with your address and blog and email and I will send you an invite so you can post on the blog. Have fun..Love your blog...