Friday, September 7, 2007

Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Exchange Survey

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I do both. I really mostly knit, I do very little crochet anymore. But, I've been crocheting about.... oh, 10 years or so.. and knitting only a couple of months.
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I've made many a dishcloth. :-) I usually make them for myself but I've made a few for family members.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
I usually use Sugar n Cream or Peaches n Creme. It comes in soooo many colors, which I love! I've made a few washcloths for my niece in TyDy.. That's all I've really ever used. I'd love to try anything new.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I almost always use circulars, and always metal when I'm working with cotton.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
Mmmm.. I looooove colors!! Orange and purple are my two favorite colors. I love deep, rich tones, not pastels. And I'm really not a fan of gold. I like a mixture of colors, variegation as opposed to solids.
6. What do you like best about Autumn?
The weather cools down, the colors are beautiful. All my favorite holidays come in the fall.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Mmmmm, pumpkin! I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin pudding, pumpkin cookies.. It's just my favorite flavor.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
I always loved summer, but back-to-school is really an exciting time of the year. I LOVE stationary and office supplies, so I always loved when it was time to start shopping for notebooks and folders and pens and etc.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
I LOVE Halloween!!
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
I'm not gonna say I don't have a sweet tooth, but I can't really think of any snacks I love. I love to drink. I'm constantly drinking. I love root beer, and I love Kool Aid, specifically Watermelon Cherry. Umm, I do like a lot of the Keebler cookies, like Fudge Stripes and chocolate-covered grahams. And gummies, like Gummy Bears or those Haribo gummy soda candies, and I love those gummies shaped like cherries.. yummmm. Oh, Oh!! And I LOVE candy corn, and those candy pupmkins that they have around Halloween!!!
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
None. Just a roomate, who is pretty much the same person as me....
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
Probably Red Heart acrylic.. lol I'm a simple girl.. No thrills and frills. I'm not cheap, though.. And I don't squeak.
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
I've never made a facecloth.. at least not for myself. I made some washcloths for my neice, but no facecloths. I probably wouldn't use one, I'm a simple girl, like I said, and I don't need all that. I do use my dishcloths all the time.
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
I love 'em both, but I'll have go to with Thanksgiving. I love all my family's T-day traditions. I have wonderful memories of spending time with my cousins and extended family.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
Nope.

No comments: